I have been asked by a few readers to discuss how my company works with new clients. The next few blog posts will explain our approach. The first step is the Business/Technology Analysis.
Before we can manage your technology efficiently, we need to fully understand what you have and how you use it.
Our technology assessment discovers:
- The capacity of your technology tools
How hard is your current technology working? Can it work harder? Is it over-worked?
- The capability of those tools
What is everything doing? Why? Can it do it better, smarter, faster, cheaper?
- Identify any current issues or problems
What's broken? What's about to break? Can it be fixed? Or is it cheaper to replace?
- Understand company objectives
Where is your business going? Where are you now? Where will you be next year? 3 years?
- Identify risks and opportunities
Find keylogs and keystones. What's working well? What can be improved?
This helps us help you by:
- Aligning technology resources with business objectives to improve efficiency.
- Prioritizing projects to produce quick results.
- Focusing on real business goals to better serve you.
- Developing a strategic technology plan to control costs.
As you can imagine, this can be time consuming - depending on the size of your organization. While we perform our analysis, we also maintain computers, keep servers running, manage security and all the hundreds of routine tasks that all technology systems require.
However, we prefer to hold off on all new projects and initiatives until after this analysis is complete. Until we fully understand where you stand, we aren't comfortable trying to move you forward.
If you have any questions, please post them in the comments below.
For your free Business Technology Review, call us today!