1. Be sincere. If all you enter on your blog is company marketing copy then you will never attract a following.
2. Be consistent. Publish on a schedule and don't divert from it. People like consistency.
3. Be brief. Blogs seem to work better if you keep the content short. I don't personally follow that rule but that's a personal choice.
4. Be aware. Try to model yourself after successful blogs.
5. Be yourself. Don't try to be something you aren't.
Now, stop reading about it and start blogging. I admit that I started blogging for purely business reasons and now I find it very enjoyable.